Interlock blocking device for doors and light curtains
ALPHA and BRAVO are fully mechanical interlock blocking devices for safeguarded areas.
This key system offers a mechanical solution for lock-in of operators into machines and processes during maintenance and forces operators to take a safety key when accessing the safeguarded zone.
The major drawback to using lockout tagout safety padlocks to prevent the restart of a machine is that it is not mandatory.
Often a safety padlock is used to prevent lock-in of personnel during maintenance. The ALPHA makes the use of a safety key mandatory.
- By mounting the ALPHA on a door that is already equipped with a safety switch or safety sensor sensor, entrapment in a safeguarded area can be prevented.
- The BRAVO has been specially developed to prevent light curtains from resetting as long as someone is present in the zone.
Interlock blocking devices can be added retrofit to any entrance door or light curtain of a safeguarded area and requires operators to bring a safety key when entering this area, which prevents reset of the safety switch or light crutrain.
- Compulsive lockout-tagout
- Fully mechanical
- Easy to mount on any door
- Mandatory key extraction
- 200,000 unique key codes
- Key registration (end user)
- Full stainless steel 316
- Very robust design
- There is a version for revolving doors as well as sliding doors